Sunday, July 1, 2012

If university teaching involves...

People management and petty politics anyway. Then fuck that shit, I'd rather just run an organization.
Maybe I went into it out of fear and laziness, the fear that I just couldn't do it, that I lacked the social skills, or that it would just take too much work, and take me away from the library.

I do like to read. I do like to read and discover things, and there is a loner inside of me, but for the past several years, I have given him free reign.

Now there is another part of me, and this will sound crazy, but oh well, the one I call the rocket boy, that really just wants to go out and play. I've kept him locked in.

And he's tired of being so constrained just because I feared what would happen if I started to get too involved again. The truth is I was never all that involved; I was always letting academia and now more recently this jealous wife called writing, determine my priorities, and well, it is time to start correcting that shit.

As sweet woman once said, "Ain't nobody got time, Ain't nobody got time, ain't nobody got time for that."

No comments: